• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

GENIE GS2646 STOPS AFTER 5 TO 10 FT

elchaunce

I have a genie over 10 yrs old and it runs for 5 to 10 ft and stops. I changed out the motor and control box and does the same thing. Any ideas? Is this a software issue?

Mobilewrench

I don't know, might help if there was a model and serial number. And a picture of the machine.
But, man lifts almost always have leveling switch lock outs to keep you from killing yourself by trying to lift when not plumb. I would start there.

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
With all electric/battery machines you have to start with the batteries, make sure they are watered and fully charged. And " I plugged it in until it was charged" is not what I mean. I mean once the charger has completed it's cycle use a volt meter to make sure the batteries have proper voltage. A good 6V GC battery will read nominal 6.3 volts. If you're reading less than 6 volt, 5.8 or less, you need to test the battery cells with a hydrometer to see if you have a weak or dead cell. Once you verify the batteries are good, make sure the terminal connections are sound. Once you have done this, if it still doesn't operate proper, then you can chase the other gremlins, but you have to start with the batteries.