• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Genie 5519 Joystick Pattern Change?

Eddie Strobel

Just purchased a 2015 Genie 5519. I am not in love with the boom joystick controller. Compared to our other similar lifting equipment, it seems awkward. I would prefer the lift to be forward/back (it is) and the tilt to be left/right (it currently is boom in/out). For the boom in/out, ideally it would be via a roller switch on top of the joystick. Currently to do the tilt, I have to push and hold the top left button on joystick and "raise/lower".
Any options out there, from Genie or a tech guru, or other, to help in this idea? Thank you very much.

farmmaterialmover

I have a 2014 2506 (european 5519) that I just got that has boom extend on the left slider button and tilt of forks is left/right and I want boom extend left and right and fork tilt on the slider thumb button because that it how our other telehandlers are set up. I wouldn't like the thumb button and then having to go forwards and back to tilt either. Did you ever find a solution?