• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Genie 45/25

Zewnten

Ok this thing is kicking my butt. Customer says it ran fine then it wouldn't, they "tested" battery and starter but it cranks slow was the complaint. Show up battery is very low, hook up charger, cranks ok but won't start. Fuel pump for gasoline isn't pumping so I switched to LP. Confirm the LP side is supplying, good there. Still won't start.

Look at spark, nothing. Coil isn't getting power from ECM. Have a cowerker who's very good with Genies come out and we start from scratch just to make sure I didn't miss something. He shows power to the coil but no spark so I replaced the DIS coil. Still won't start, LP mixer is over fueling. To start on LP you have to hold the mixer hose just a hair away from the intake to increase air supply. It runs well now, at least on LP, cool.

During diagnostics the starter started working intermittently, customer admitted starter doesn't always work. Order a new starter. Mixer won't be in for a couple weeks so customer wants us to get the gas side going, he says they prefer using gas. Diag the fuel pump, power but no pumping. Supply line flows freely. Grab a new in line fuel filter and high pressure fuel pump and install. Fuel pressure at the rail. Crank it over and BOOM backfire in the muffler. Didn't have a helper to crank it while I tried the LP again

Can't smell any fuel in the muffler, pull plug and they're dry. Decided to double check and now there's no spark again. Measure voltage and the ECM isn't putting anymore than 0.5v to it.
Can't communicate with the ECM, no one can find the comm adapter for what we do have. Genie doesn't want to support anything older than 10 yrs and this thing is 21yrs. And someone has been in here, the LP valve has an over laid wire but the switch does control the on/off solenoid.

Genie 45/25 Serial# Z4525-20625 Ford LRG425 engine

oarwhat

Had this same problem it was the crank sensor. Ours is the ford industrial engine like from ford rangers.