• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

genie 34/22 light codes

foolish

does the consistent blinking every 1.5 sec. of the controller status indicator light mean things are ok or what?
the machine won't drive.
thank you

foolish

thank you for taking time to help me. but it does not pause for 2 sec. i have counted 1.5sec between blinks for 30 blinks and no pause on the light.
when i move handle and step on foot control the 1st contactor makes contact for 2 sec and then stops. no movement of drive wheels. i did pull machine back 2 ft and drive wheels move freely.

skata

thank you for taking time to help me. but it does not pause for 2 sec. i have counted 1.5sec between blinks for 30 blinks and no pause on the light.
when i move handle and step on foot control the 1st contactor makes contact for 2 sec and then stops. no movement of drive wheels. i did pull machine back 2 ft and drive wheels move freely.
Did you just get this machine? Wheels move freely? That shouldn't happen. Were the wheel hub plates removed or flipped that allow machine to free wheel?

foolish

Yes, it came in 3 pieces. I just got all the hydraulics working from ground and platform . I'll check the wheel hub plates.

foolish

yes, you were right the hub plates were reversed for free wheel.
i still cannot get the drive motors to do anything. i took them apart and cleaned the rotor and armatuer, some corrsion on them, it had not been run for years. i tested the motor without any cables to it, by using jumper cable from batteries to F1 and A2 and nothing. any ideas?

skata

So you ran voltage to the drive solenoid and nothing happened? Do you get voltage at the solenoids when you try to drive?

foolish

i got it running. i took drive motors apart again and did better job of cleaning. used puller to get armature shaft out. cleaned rotor better and pressed armature shaft back in. it still would work with the 12 volt but hooked up all the cables and then worked.
thank you for all the help.