• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Genie 1999 Z45/25 wont move.

guy6189

1999 Z45/25 sn# Z-45-011232 ford duel fuel engine

I have got the machine running, just removed the hydraulic tank and replaced both filter screens in the tank while it was removed. I have now located the tank valves that were covered in stucco and they are in the open position

The platform is between the steer wheels (because the turn table will not rotate but maybe 6 inches to the stop however will not travel the other direction.
The machine will move about an inch forward and reverse while holding the drive enable switch
The primary boom will respond from the basket up and down as well as extend and retract
the secondary boom will not respond from the basket
Steering will respond from the basket
None of the lower controls will operate the machine other than the start function.

I believe all functions worked from the basket before I removed hydraulic tank, I know the turntable did for sure.

Thanks in advance for any help trying to get this machine moving.

Guy

VoodooMojo

Occupation
Sr Technical Service Representative
We will need a voltmeter, a hydraulic pressure gauge (0 to 5000psi) and about an hour of time.

We need to see where voltage is present and not.
Do you have the schematics for this machine?
If not:
http://manuals.gogenielift.com/Parts And Service Manuals/servZbooms3.htm

We will start with getting everything running from the lower controls first.
Starting at the E-Stop Switch and the Platform/Ground Keyswitch.

guy6189

VoodooMojo

thanks for the reply, I will look for someone to help me as electrical trouble shooting is not my strong suit. I will post results