• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Generations of the bobcat E20/hydraulic portioning?

slartibartfast

Hi-

Have rented mini excavators for years and am looking to buy now- it's a rental purchase option on a 2017 E20. I just had a different E20 rental out, a 2018 or 2019, and I think the controls feel a bit different, particularly in the proportioning of the auxiliary flow. And maybe the joystick ergonomics (though that might just be adjusting to thumb control instead of foot pedals for slew and auxiliary). This 2017 feels like it can't multitask quite as well as the other E20s I've ran.

Anyone know if they made some updates to the joysticks or hydraulic valves between those years? Is this something one could retrofit to update the machine? Or is this an adjustment issue?

I have a good offer on this machine so I'm quite tempted to buy it, less than half the price of new and less than a thousand hours, better condition than most rental machines I've seen. I'm sure I'll adapt to this machine as it is, but I know the 2018-19 E20s extremely well and I love the feel of the controls, just want this one to be the same, or if it can't be maybe I'll spring for a new one instead.

Thanks