• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

GEHL skidsteers

cartzblown94z

just lookin for opinions on people that own or have owned these, i dont know much about them and have heard nothing but good things. i just picked up a used 6625sx for cheap and am starting to go through it

JeremiahSr

Occupation
Vice Pres./General man./Technician
I know alot of people that like them. It was a pain to get parts put they finally opened a dealership not too far from me. I have SL5635/6635 Series II Skid Steer Loaders Parts Book in Adobe format. It's not same model but they used alot of the same parts on these machines. If you need the book let me know. I can e-mail it to you. It's only 2.77 MB's and opens with Adobe Reader.

cartzblown94z

i actually found a parts manual on their website and bought an operator book, but thank you for the offer. turns out a dealer is about 15 miles from my house so i got lucky there. mine appears to be a late 90's model i dont know the exact year. it has the t bar controls left side drive rigth side bucket so its very similiar to my asv which i like, hope to have it going soon and try it out its a big boy im used to smaller machines, this one maxes my trailer lol

bill onthehill

I have a 4640 and love it. Simple and dependable. I suggest you drop your belly pans and clean it up real good. Then check your front motor mounts. Only thing i have had to do on mine was tighten the bolts up.

cartzblown94z

good to know ill be sure to check them, i was planning to drop the pan and powerwash it really good, guy i got it from seemed to think it had a hyd leak so i wanna clean it up to help find it

andoman

I've owned 6 of them but I use the bigger machines (7810's). We love them.

MessJess

Love Gehl

Cartz,
I am on my second Gehl, an older tracked 5635 and a wheel '08 5240E turbo. I have nothing but good things to say about them. Rugged, dependable, a great value and complete whatever job I need to get done. I'm in Wis. so the machines stay busy year round either moving snow, dirt, hay, trees, etc.
I also wacth this forum regularly because most people on here actually know what they're talking about. I mention this bacause rarely do you see questions asking about Gehl repair.
Lastly, I agree with the post about dropping those skid pans and washing out the basement of your loader. Amazing what collects in the stangest places. :usa

cartzblown94z

good to know and there is a local dealer thats been answering my questions as well. i ordered a new susp seat for it and need to install and have all the filters now to replace too, fixed some hyd leaks and need a drive bushing to it will drive straight when the stick is pushed forward and shes ready. need to fix the heater and lights too

bones

just got a GEHL CTL 60, 2008 model. great machine

paid 25,000. it had 4 hours and i got 8-9 months worth of factory warranty with it. does everything I have asked so far. spreading crush. loading material. using a grapple to move logs. front bushhog. am now lookiong for a stump grinder. the ctl 60 is the most machine for the money i found and i looked pretty hard.

bones

yes. ctl 60 and tak 130 are same. do not know the

model number on the mustang. 2008 was a split year. first half was ctl60 and 2nd half of year was ctl65. the 65 met the new emmission standards, but was otherwise identical.