• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Gehl CTL 85, no high travel speed

Edward Porter

I have a 2009 CTL 85 with a Kobota engine. I have just over a 1000 hrs on it. The other day the high range travel quit working. When you turn the key on the idiot light works . I assume that the circuit is good because of that but most likely I am wrong about that. I do believe it might be something easy to fix. Anyone have a problem with theirs ? My dealer is 225 miles away and they aren't too familiar with these machines so that leaves me to figure it out. I use this machine on my ranch feeding cows cleaning barns, pounding post, mowing brush, building roads and everything in between. Has been very good to me. Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
Like profile pic. Love those 50 series tractors. You may also try a Takeuchi dealer, same machine.

ilovetracks

if the high travel light is on, I'd say solenoid. Both my takeuchi tbo70, when high travel stops, replace solenoid and fixed. easy repair. tl140 from rental company one time wasn't working, bump bucket hard it worked, bad solenoid. I'd try solenoid.

tool_king

Occupation
road mechanic owner
I have a 2009 CTL 85 with a Kobota engine. I have just over a 1000 hrs on it. The other day the high range travel quit working. When you turn the key on the idiot light works . I assume that the circuit is good because of that but most likely I am wrong about that. I do believe it might be something easy to fix. Anyone have a problem with theirs ? My dealer is 225 miles away and they aren't too familiar with these machines so that leaves me to figure it out. I use this machine on my ranch feeding cows cleaning barns, pounding post, mowing brush, building roads and everything in between. Has been very good to me. Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions
Ed
What is your email address ? I can email the manuals