• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Gehl 4510 tandem pump help

Johndough

Hey guys I recently bought a gehl 4510 that was converted to diesel. My question is when I turn sometimes it’s like it’s fighting it’s self. It seems to drive fairly straight. The last owner said he messed with the linkages some and he thought they had to be readjusted. I’ve got a service manual for it and it only talks about adjusting the linkage for it to drive straight. There is something in there saying when you have hysteresis when turning the pumps are out of “sink”, I would have to look again but I think it says you have to split them and get them back in line. I’ll eventually need to have to take the pump out to put a new spline shaft it so I was wondering if anyone could tell me about this, or if it is a linkage adjustment problem. Thanks!