• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

nicste

I am trying to source replacement or repair the injectors a 125 Galion. It has an international Harvester 6 cylinder diesel engine fitted. Any one know anything about these engines?

Thanks in advance
Nic

Delmer

Not much to go on. Do you have a local diesel injection repair shop? They could test them, maybe repair them, easily identify and replace them if needed.

If you'd rather order replacements, the numbers off the injection pump would probably be the best way to track them down. Engine numbers wouldn't hurt either. Pic of the injector?

nicste

The guys who sorted the pump out say they have never seen or know where to get injectors like those, i am waiting for them to send them back to me. They say they can get the tips off two id the injectors to replace.

I will have the injectors back by Monday morning, i will attach the pic i have of it in the housing.

I cannot find a engine model number just a number stamped in and a casting number, i cannot find anything out from these numbersIMG-20180521-WA0002.jpg IMG-20180521-WA0003.jpg IMG-20180521-WA0006.jpg

Delmer

Looks like a 282 D International and the injector looks just like the results that come up on a search for 282 D international injector.

It wouldn't hurt to confirm that serial number and the numbers off the pump before spending the $$ to order the injectors.

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry

nicste

Thanks very much for the help

Defiantly an IH 282 D. Just need to identify if this is the model with the Bosch or the IH midget injectors

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Master Inj.Pump rebuilder
IH injectors.. the tips are replaceable.. & come as an assembly.. but you need to order the 3 sealing gaskets that seal the tip, for each injector..
Messick tractor has the parts.

check

The 282 D is a diesel version of a gasoline engine. It has dry sleeves, 4 head bolts per cylinder, pre-combustion chambers with long glow plugs that warp and sieze up. These engines are somewhat prone to blown head gaskets and cracked heads. The gasoline version was a 236 G IIRC, and a very strong engine. They even made a parent bore D301 they put in light trucks. The blocks are almost the same for gas and diesel and there is a hole between #3 and #4 cylinder, possibly to route throttle linkage.

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
I'm thinking that the gas version might have been what was in my dad's 1956 IH pick-up truck. I know back in the mid-ninety seventies I worked on a six cylinder IH Diesl that ran a water pump that sure looked like it was the same size as the pick-up truck engine.

A bit off topic but I recall that water pump was mounted on a four wheel trailer and to test run the motor we pulled it down to a pond at the quarry and dropped the suction hose in and cranked it up. Trailer was not hooked to anything and when we opened the governor up on the engine it tried to roll away! Kind of like an over grown jet-ski!