• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Galion 503 L injector pump timing UD236 IH

Wes Jackson

I pulled the pump to have it rebuilt, put the engine at TDC, removed small inspection cover on the front of the engine and removed the nut from the pump shaft and removed the pump.There is a key way on the pump shaft that goes thru the gear, after rebuilding the pump I lined up everything as it was and got the engine running. The injector pump has slotted holes where it bolt to the engine and I have adjusted the pump as far as the slots will allow and the engine runs ok but at med to high throttle the engine tone will vary and it will puff a little white smoke. Can someone explain to me how to set the timing on this engine, I have a manual but it does not have this info. Thanks

Wes Jackson

The pump is a Stanadyne, DBGFC629--54AE it was rebuilt by a shop in Myrtle Beach, Eastern Diesel Service, I did not have the injectors rebuilt.