• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Galion 150 boom cyl repair...seeking help

kcarson

I'm repairing a leaky main boom cyl., and am having trouble bleeding the unit to get the operations back to normal. The cyl. is back in the machine and I can raire the boom ok, but it will not stay up and when I go to lower the boom if I open the valve in the cab all the way it stops the boom from lowering. I think there must be air in the holding valve or something but don't know how to bleed it. Please advise. Thanks20130414_151506.jpg

BobCatBob

I have the manuals for the A series, though I think you have an FA (Dresser?)....let me know and I'll look for a solution over the weekend (there is a trouble shooting guide).

ayrhead

Here is a picture of our Machine. It has a Detroit Diesel 53 Series Engine in it.
I have the manuals for the Engine as well as the Crane which covers Models 80, 90, 100, 110 and 125
Let me know if you want a copy of the manuals.
:canada Harry

Attachments

• 100_3050.jpg
    100_3050.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 221