• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Galion 118B Motor Grader Parting out or complete. Have Questions

Wayland

Hi, I have been assigned to part with some equipment that has been sitting around. I have trouble just scrapping things that still have good parts. It is a Galion 118 b that was just parked and allowed to deteriorate. It is complete but rough. Can anyone tell me what engine is in it. It has a Cummins fuel system and the block is Cummins color but I cannot tell for sure. I know some of these had detroits but I am not sure about this one. A tag on the side indicates internal engine work was done at some time. If any of you need parts or want to buy this complete please respond. It is in Cape Coral Florida by FT Myers. Nice and warm here, might be a good road trip...... :)

hardtail

Not sure of the B designation and what that meant but a lot of 118's had an IH 6 cyl diesel in them..........what condition is the circle and pinion in?

mitch504

B was just a model update, think the B started in '62 and went till about '70, when the C started, if I remember right.

They were available with an IH engine or a Cummins. Mine has the Cummins.

How about check the gearshift mechanism too, please.

Wayland

I was pretty sure it was Cummins as the pump is Cummins for sure. I will check the shifter. This thing has a massive engine and has the short valve covers and what looks like a 2 piece head. Do you know what Cummins it has? A friend of mine has a Red Top (or so he calls it in his semi) It has a similar look.

Wayland

I got a look at what I call the carousel and it looks decent but there is some wear at the point where the blade was used in far right position. If that does not answer what you asked please let me know and I will check anything else you want.

Also the gear shift that has like 4 speeds works ok maybe a little rusty but the lever to the right of it was tied back for some reason.

If anyone has any other needs or questions I just hate to scrap things that could be used. I have spent a lot of time finding cylinder heads for my tractors and know how expensive and flustrating it can be.

Reubs

If i were you I would sell her to a Good home to be restored, as I am sure some dedicated enthusiast would like to have her as a resto project.

562C

How about a few pics? You'd probably get a lot more info from the board that way.