• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Galion 118 fuel line fittings

Maddmongo

I've got a 118 grader that the rubber fuel hoses leading from the tank to the fuel filters have rotted out.
The original hoses are unavailable, so I was going to make new hoses and ran into a problem trying to identify the fittings that screw on to the fuel tank connections.

They appear to be very close to a Parker 56 series "Female Metric L - Swivel - Straight (Ball Nose)"

https://ph.parker.com/us/17573/en/global-fittings-56-series-metric/1c356-12-6

The item in the link is very close, but the threads are not the correct pitch.

The local Komatsu folks are no help as anyone that might have worked on one of these is long retired and all that shows in the parts books is the number for the complete hose. The local folks with Detroit Diesel are also of no help.

For now I carefully cut away the crimp sleeve on the original fittings and am reusing them with clamps holding new hose on.

I really would be grateful if anyone on this board could help me out with identifying these fittings.

Also - where would I find a serial number stamp on this machine?

Thank you!

Maddmongo

Ronsii

Occupation
s/e Heavy equipment operator
Serial number should be on the lower front of the seat might also be one stamped on the very front of the machine.