• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Furukawa CD5B

cheathco

Occupation
sorta retired
Mine has been running great then late this afternoon it started acting like it had run out of fue and died (in a bad spot of course, blocking the road Into my place).l. It has plenty of fuel. I have experience with JD 450's, none with this, Is there any on line info on fuel system that anyone knows off? Any leads on parts? Tnx, Charlie

furukawajake

When I change the fuel filter on mine its a real bugger to get going again compared to the 4bt 3.9 I have in a pettibone telehandler.

All I can advise you on is to change the filter now while its not running anyway and then go thru a normal bleeding attempt to get it going again.

good luck.

oh yeah, mine has a Mitsubishi S4E in it for an engine. you might try looking that direction first. chances are it will be easier to find fuel info for a little bd2 than the furukawa

Double edit. BTW, when you signed up for the forum you missed a golden opportunity to become furukawacharlie and join in with bill, don, matt and myself :)

Last edited:

cheathco

Occupation
sorta retired
Where is fuil filter? Is it in the canister looking thing up ner fron top on left side looking from seat?

cheathco

Occupation
sorta retired
Ok, tnx, , do I assume coerectly that there is no fuel pump? I have tried Mitsubishi and other attemps, nada.

furukawajake

There's an injector pump.... Follow the throttle linkage to the box with 4 fuel lines coming off of it.
I'll be near mine today, I'll take a picture for you

cheathco

Occupation
sorta retired
Ok, Didnt think was a fuil pump, but my JD 450 had one. Im headed out to see if parts store has the filter, hopefully the filter is cloged, or the line may be stoped up.

cheathco

Occupation
sorta retired
I just looked on line for the 33394 wix filter, it is a spin on. (that was the number I saw for my machine in older post. The canister I menioned is a perm steel thing Guess I better head out and see what I can find.

cheathco

Occupation
sorta retired
I went out and opened the fuel filter drain bolt, nice looking red fuel. thought what the heck, started it and after running poorly for a few min it started running better, opened it full, (never before) and it started running ok, After a few min running at normal speed, it started to miss a little then slowly died. I then remove=d the filter canister, and filter looked pretty much ok, but I will replace. It is a little thing about 2in thick and 3 in wide. It has no part number on it. and so far havent found info on line. I did find an opr manual on line covers the s2e-s6e2, says to use pump to prime, but no mention of where it is, I am sure it is the thing wiht round cap below th injector pump. I have tried to open it, but cant, anyone know how? Charlie

cheathco

Occupation
sorta retired
Cleaned the filter which was pretty cruddy, blew out fuel line, cleaned the fuel pump screen, primed the system with the little pump, and bled the injector pump unit. Fired right up and runs like a new one.