• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Full Synthetic or Blend - only +.68c more / gal

Old Doug

I have to use Rotella 10w-30 in my old stuff all flat tappet cams . I didnt always use it and have had 2 cams fail lobes went flat and i bought a 1982 Chevy that had a bad cam. I dont think there are very many oils with the zinc that can be used in a flat tappet engine. I guess i am behind the times thinking there are alot of these old things steal being used.

Coaldust

Occupation
Cargo Tanks, ULSD, RUG, Methanol, LPG
I was skeptical when Delo made the PC-11 HDMO formula change in 2016 for the FA-4/CK-4 requirements. But, eight years later, it appears to be OK.

Fun fact. Dutch Harbor is the largest combined customer account for Delo, in Alaska. Those salty dogs love the big blue.

Coaldust

Occupation
Cargo Tanks, ULSD, RUG, Methanol, LPG
Thing about Shell, they spend more money on marketing Rotella than they do on product development. The T4 product does have a large following, for sure.

Truck Shop

It's fun being the only one to not go down the oil sample rabbit hole. Remember this
parts counter {TOY} to keep under & over weight mechanics happy while waiting
for their turn to be told their parts didn't show. Grown men setting at a parts counter
like apes cranking a phony A$$ SNAKE OIL TOY. Do a oil sample on the toy. Funny
thing is this pos toy is still available for gullible people.
s-l960.jpg

Old Doug

It's fun being the only one to not go down the oil sample rabbit hole. Remember this
parts counter {TOY} to keep under & over weight mechanics happy while waiting
for their turn to be told their parts didn't show. Grown men setting at a parts counter
like apes cranking a phony A$$ SNAKE OIL TOY. Do a oil sample on the toy. Funny
thing is this pos toy is still available for gullible people.
View attachment 306513
I never understood people using this stuff. If you can make up some kind of a demonstration you can sell anything.

Blue-Fox

Occupation
Oilfield Owner/Operator
I was skeptical when Delo made the PC-11 HDMO formula change in 2016 for the FA-4/CK-4 requirements. But, eight years later, it appears to be OK.

Fun fact. Dutch Harbor is the largest combined customer account for Delo, in Alaska. Those salty dogs love the big blue.
Fun fact: Back in the early days we were an exclusive Chevron contractor - you better not be caught with anything but a blue bucket (empty or not) or some other product. I literally watched a crew get black balled from the field for having a Unocal bucket on their welding truck. It was full of grinding wheels but those Chevron bosses didn’t care.