• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Fuel Tank Cap:

1693TA

Occupation
FAA Radar Engineer, (Retired)
I found in my junk a fuel tank fill cap and I assume for a Caterpillar dozer. It appears to be new, or never used and is branded with the newer "CAT" logo, black in color. I'll get a photo of it later today and post it up.

I'd like to get this to someone that could use it as I never will, but first probably should get it identified. I don't remember if there are part numbers stamped or not.

Queenslander

At the moment, we own five different Cat machines of varying ages and Iam sure they have five different fuel caps.

1693TA

Occupation
Hopefully this thing has a part number on it but seems like there is a card stock tag wired to it. Starting to clean out some shelving and don't have a clue where this came from. This is black, and has a flip over latch IIRC. I'll be out to the shop later today and will snap a photo.

JD955SC

Black, flip over latch? About four-five inches in diameter? Has either a hole for a breather filter box or one attached? Flip latch turns internal lock that engages filler neck? Metal?

Used on a lot of newer machines particularly excavators and dozers.

plastic ones about three inches in diameter are used on smaller loaders and other equipment.

epirbalex

Occupation
peasant
Unless is has in embossed lettering saying , Buy clean Fuel , keep it clean , it isn't worth a dime .

Reactions: DB2

1693TA

Occupation
Finally received a new phone last evening. Old one has been jockey around the country thanks to the postal service again.

I'll attempt to get a few good photos yet today and post them up. There is no tag as I was thinking, but there seems to be a part number.

It takes a lot of time to set one these damned new phones up too. Same model I had but nothing to go with, or transfer from, as the old one won't power up at all. If I were 10 it would probably take less than 1/2 the time.....

1693TA

Occupation
No, it is much newer with the "new" CAT logo. JD955SC's description is pretty close I think.

1693TA

Occupation
I’m the guy on the D5M thread. Yes sir I need it. Be willing to pay ya for it.

Did you ever make the $25.00 donation to either Children's Hospital, or local St. Jude's affiliate for this fuel cap I sent you? I never heard back anything which was our agreement.

1693TA

Occupation
Still wondering if this donation ever took place? The poster hasn't been back since the 18th of February so who knows?

BarisArikan

I am spare parts dealler in Turkey, for that cap and the other parts for Construction Machines are available. (For that cap I have no offer because of the donation)