• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Fuel prices

dart69mopar340

Currently here in Massachusetts, Diesel is at $3.39 gallon at the pump, or they will deliver it to you @$2.68 gallon for diesel delivery... or if your under or at 10k, just run #2 heating oil at 2.10 per gallon 250 gallon min. In Livingston, Alabama, where my 300 acre farm is diesel is at $2.19ish or lower at thr pump,gas is around $2.00 gallon. The difference really between the #2 and #3(diesel) is the color die they add... red and greenist depending on fuel. If your not commercial and have oil storage tanks, do yourself a favor and save over a dollar and bulk buy... I dont see diesel really dropping like unleaded fuels.. I just bought a highly modified dually, due to my i" insane " investment advice of shorting the hell out of crude in the commodities markets.. The Saudis are pissed at us for not nuetralizing Assad, and mad at Russia for not putting him in check.. Fracking and drilling made us #1 come Jan 2015, dont expect crude to jump in the near future.. at least for a couple years, I feel the market will equalize around 40 - 50 per barrel... Remember the 70's.....

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Welcome to the Forums dart69mopar340.

If you are advocating running dyed fuel in an on road vehicle be prepared for a very large fine if caught. It doesn't matter if you're commercial or not, there is no highway tax on off road (dyed) fuel and the fine is the same for all.

I bought on road fuel in Pell City AL today for $3.19/ gallon. Cheapest I've seen it for on road fuel in Central AL. They must have some very cheap fuel in West Alabama at $2.19 per gallon..:cool:

dart69mopar340

Error

Welcome to the Forums dart69mopar340.

If you are advocating running dyed fuel in an on road vehicle be prepared for a very large fine if caught. It doesn't matter if you're commercial or not, there is no highway tax on off road (dyed) fuel and the fine is the same for all.

I bought on road fuel in Pell City AL today for $3.19/ gallon. Cheapest I've seen it for on road fuel in Central AL. They must have some very cheap fuel in West Alabama at $2.19 per gallon..:cool:

I meant $3.19 per gallon.. I wish $2.19... im a optimist!! No I would never advocate breaking any Federal/state etc laws.. one should use their own judgement.. the statement was for educational purposes only..:usa

Delmer

the statement was for educational purposes only..:usa

"It would be a felony if..." is another phrase I use in tricky situations.

Glad that was a typo, I was feeling pretty good about on road under $3.50 and off road $2.75 until I saw those prices. Was the $2.10 a typo also? I can't see heating oil being that much cheaper in the Northeast?

lantraxco

Heating oil use keeps diesel prices up during the winter. The US refineries export finished fuel, gas, diesel, jet fuel (kerosene) I suppose they record it as re-exporting imported crude. Here on the West coast we're at $2.59 today for regular gas, I think just above $3.00 for road diesel.

tmc_31

Occupation
Sports Lighting Contractor
I was watching the gas stations on the way home tonight and Gas was running $1.99 and diesel was $3.03. It's getting on down there, nice for Christmas travel.

Merry Christmas,

Tim

lantraxco

Coos Bay, Oregon, 2.53 for gas, but only 2.89 for diesel at a couple pumps. Have to work through inventories and also since we're tank truck served, everything gets slowly cheaper as diesel truck fuel goes down.