• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Fuel leak on a Case 1845C (1999)

Thechap

Occupation
Police Officer
Well, went out to the garage to fire up the skidsteer, expecting about a foot of snow today. I last ran it about two months ago. Found diesel fuel, about three feet round under the skidsteer on the floor. Any idea where it may be coming from? I checked the fuel filter and it's not leaking from there. Where should I begin to look? Remember, be specific. I don't know crap about these things.

Bryan

Last edited:

alrman

Occupation
Diesel Fitter;Small Business Owner;Cleaner
Crack in fuel tank
Crack in fuel delivery hose to lift pump
Loose fuel filters
Rust hole at in-line filter (if fitted)
Fuel shut off solenoid
Throttle shaft seals
Gasket at top cover of injector pump

Start by looking at top of engine & working down to bellypan.

tilleyd

I have a fuel leak at gasket at the top cover of injector pump , and cannot find scams or parts list for the gasket. can any one help need to fix cheapest and best way. I am retired and just use the loader around the home place. its mid 90s I would guess. and have not had any problems in the 5 years I have had it. THANKS TILLEY

apetad

Occupation
Compact Construction Equipment Sales
Bad fuel cap

I have a fuel leak at gasket at the top cover of injector pump , and cannot find scams or parts list for the gasket. can any one help need to fix cheapest and best way. I am retired and just use the loader around the home place. its mid 90s I would guess. and have not had any problems in the 5 years I have had it. THANKS TILLEY

We have had many of these, Customer installs aftermarket fuel cap, (same as 1968 Ford Pickup) They do not release the pressure that builds up in the fuel tank as fuel temperature changes and out goes the gasket at injection pump top cover. We keep many in stock because it happens all the time. After replacing the gasket you need to drill a little 1/16" hole in the little sealing disk inside the fuel cap, YES when full to tippy top some fuel will leak out if parked in the right position so CAREFULL not to over fill tank.

MPGorham

Bad fuel cap

We have had many of these, Customer installs aftermarket fuel cap, (same as 1968 Ford Pickup) They do not release the pressure that builds up in the fuel tank as fuel temperature changes and out goes the gasket at injection pump top cover. We keep many in stock because it happens all the time. After replacing the gasket you need to drill a little 1/16" hole in the little sealing disk inside the fuel cap, YES when full to tippy top some fuel will leak out if parked in the right position so CAREFULL not to over fill tank.
Can this gasket be replaced without compromising the timing of the injector pump to the engine and is there a seal for around the throttle shaft coming through the cover