• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

fuel issue Takeuchi TL230

turbotoys

Would like to know if anyone has a diagram locating different components. I am trying to locate the stop solonoid timer and the stop solonoid relay. I am not getting but 4v to the pull wire on the fuel stop solonoid (assuming it should be 12V) and I thinking one of these components may be bad.
Thanks

turbotoys

Thanks EKimble and heymccall for information. I have a no start unit.
last time it actually started I noticed a harder start, but it ran fine once it did. There was some rust around edge of fuel filter so I replaced, cleaned out water seperator installed a new pusher pump and now I have fuel up to the solenoid. When I crack injectors never got any fuel. Upon inspection at fuel solenoid I get 12v at hold but pull solenoid only gets 4v. So this is where I am at

heymccall

Alright, then. Remove stop solenoid (two Allen head screws and one oring).
Leave wires connected.

Turn ignition on. Depress solenoid stem fully. Does stem stay in? If so, have helper start machine while you observe the stem on solenoid (MACHINE WILL START if problem is electrical). There will little to zero oil loss from pump while solenoid is out. If machine starts, put finger in solenoid hole on pump and depress lever to shut it off.
Did solenoid retract the stem while cranking?
Red is hold wire.
White is pull.

turbotoys

So I removed solenoid, turning key on then pushing rod in, it did not stay in. Starting, it still did not go in on its own. Machine would only crank for about 3 to 5 sec before the device in the photo started clicking. I added a pair of jump boxes and only got about 5 secs of cranking time before machine would not turn over. the device that sounds like its turning on and off. Battery in machine test good (load tests @1000 CA)20230928_141310.jpg

turbotoys

Since I have solonoid out i decided to do a continuity test, top terminal to body of unit is 16 ohms.. Bottom is almost a short to body of unit.. 1/2 an ohm. seems like lower coil is not good. Shorted to body. 20230928_143617.jpg

heymccall

That solenoid doesn't match the schematic I sent. Perhaps there is a serial number break.

That other device looks like the main power relay. And, judging by the green creeping out, it may have exceeded its service life.

turbotoys

The machine will not start. The machine would turn over 5 seconds at best and then I get a periodic on off noise from main relay

heymccall

This is correct schematic. One above is for TL230 w/ Yanmar engine.
That is main power relay that's clicking.
1711900179 @ $87 from Takeuchi, or ebay has one.
Screenshot_20230928-154013_eBay.jpg

Attachments

• Tl230-2electrical.pdf
    224.3 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

skata

Could there be a bad battery connection causing the relay to cut out? Double check the ground battery cable where it bolts to frame. Known to have issues.

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Master Inj.Pump rebuilder
That’s a simple 2 wire shut off solenoid.. + on one side & - on the other..
U can test it w alligator clips off the battery..
If it doesn’t pull in and hold, she’s shorted out.. very common with those..
If it’s shorted, be careful if purchasing it off eBay/Amazon,
There are different length plungers.. so be sure to compare..

turbotoys

Good morning,
I did get that exact one you showed me on ebay. Thanks. Unit turns over great now. Still having no start issue. Quick recap, new filter, pusher pump (aftermarket) and I am getting a fuel supply out of fitting on side of injection pump. Leaning towards injection pump, is there something else I am missing. If not, any tips for removing pump would be appreciated.

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Master Inj.Pump rebuilder
I did a floogle search for TL230 and a bunch of hits were from this forum with some good info.
Use the search function to search just TL230. Good luck