• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Fuel consumption on a 6R?

DPete

To those of you that own and or operate a D6R What is the GPH, I'm guessing around 8 gals. Thanks, DP

Construct'O

Occupation
Dozerwork,tiling plus many more!!!!!!!
9 1/2 to 10 hour day in tuff dozing better be looking for fuel.

Rebuilt fuel pump this summer,it's a strong runner,but was before. It doesn't smoke overly much.Not as much as my older D6H:usa

JBL

I would say somewhere around 8-11 gallons an hour depending on what you are doing. Like Constructo said when you hit 10 hours you better be looking for fuel.

Construct'O

Occupation
Dozerwork,tiling plus many more!!!!!!!
Constructo, do you know the gallons per hour? Thanks

I wasn't sure what the tank holds ,so got the operator manual out and it say 101 gallons,so 10 hours a tank,equal 10 gallon an hour.

Usual that is if you hogging dirt like building pond with mud and heavy moist dirt.

All the 3306 engine that i have had in D6C,D6D,D6H and my D6R run about the same,as far as hours worked to tank went 9 1/2 to 10hours (D and C had the fuel turned up).The D6C was like 72 gallon tank and the D6D was 78 gal ,i'm close ,but not exact.

D6C and D6D had straight blades and are not as tall as the R and H dozers.

The IG and XW D6R,H machine that has the 30" pads, they run a 11' 6".A lot of people don't realize that the D6R and D6H has blade cap of about 7.6 cubic yards compared to the D and C that are around 3.4.

Don't have my book right here handle ,but i'm close.

Hope that helps !:usa

Bob Horrell

Charter Member
Occupation
Owner/Operator grading business
I used a rented D6R last summer to R&R dirt 6ft. deep for a new apartment building. We were working 8-9hr days and used between 70 and 75 gal per day over a 1 week period. The ground was sandy loamy soil and was fairly easy to push - no ripping needed. Some of the time was used for track rolling for compaction. The D6R was a pretty low hour machine and in really good shape, especially for a rental. Hope this helps.

grunk36

Occupation
trainer/technical support with TRIMBLE/SITECH denm
To those of you that own and or operate a D6R What is the GPH, I'm guessing around 8 gals. Thanks, DP

on a 6R series 1 35-40 ltr pr hour but on a new D6R series 3 over a period of 3600 hours i had an average of 23 ltr pr hour but i will agree that when hard pushing heavy dirt no more than 9.5 to 10 hours on a tank

JBL

d6peg,
Never thought about doing that with the dozer but it makes sense. One question did backing off on your rpms have any effect on your operating temps? During the summer here the R really likes to heat up especially when pushing brush. The series 3 has the hydraulic fan and seems to run alot cooler than the belt/fan combo. Also on our 2006 6R you would have to control the rpm's with the decellerator since throttle is controlled with a toggle switch.

d6peg

Occupation
owner, operator
JBL,
Backing off the rpm's might have increased the water temp a little but very little. We had a 108 degree day in June this last year and I happened to be pushing brush for a new fence line and it got pretty warm but I never had to stop. You can set your rpms with the toggle switch, just set the rpm at what speed you want with the decel pedal and hold the toggle down for 5 sec., then release the toggle and the motor will not rev past the set rpm.