• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Fuel Algae

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Nobody around here gets pure gas except stations that special order. Marinas won’t buy it as is higher dollar.
Everything in MO is min 10% ethanol

HarleyHappy

Occupation
Welder/Mechanic
Take 2 jelly jars and fill halfway with pump gas and add stabil to one and shake up. Then look at them in a month.
The one with stabil will still be solid where the one without will already have begun to separate.
I hate ethanol.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
And I run a 2012 Harley 103, does NOT appreciate Corn Gas, Mileage varies station to station as to %E. In Corn Gas KS or NB economy drops close to 20% and HEAT Builds.

HarleyHappy

Occupation
Welder/Mechanic
We used to go to a local small airport to get real gas but to many people heard about it and they shut that down.
Now in anything that uses mix I buy that stuff in a can TruFuel for 20 bucks a gallon and haven’t worked on a small engine in about 7 years.