• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Front idler yoke and track adjusting mechanism

toddcat955L

To grandpa, old and worn, Bob, and all that replied. Thought I'd better start a new THREAD, as to eliminate any confusion on the previous thread about transmission.
Thanks to all who have replied concerning front idler and track adjustment mechanism. As you guys have stated already I need to split the tracks, but I am finding out I need a special tool from Caterpillar to split master link. The rebuild of the adjusting mechanism seems fairly simple, just getting the tracks apart is the problem. Grandpa, BOB, old and worn, read your replies on my other thread and understand what you all are talking about. Doesn't sound like to difficult of a fix, if I can just get tracks apart.Here are some PICs135.jpgpicsay-1363391903.jpg

Last edited: