• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Front counterweight for 580b backhoe?

69chevelle

Could someone tell me how much weight would be good for a Front counterweight for my 580B. I am thinking about building one to keep the Pucker factor down a little while loading it on my trailer. Thanks

blademan150

Occupation
Retired Local 150 Operating Engineer
We filled our tires with old anti freeze mix we got when we would flush and fill the cooling systems on the equipment.

TheOldMan

Occupation
retired
I had a problem with my 580C the same way, We were placing a 55 gal plastic barrel of water in the loader bucket, which really helps. Found a front counterweight in a construction vehicle wrecking yard that is made for the front of the machine, weighs about 700#. What a difference!!!

69chevelle

Well i have put 800lbs of quikcrete bags in the front bucket before and that worked pretty good, alot easier than a scoop of dirt and having to shovel it out once loaded.Ihave backed one on before but it seemed like it put too much weight on the tongue of my trailer. I might just go ahead and pour some 80lbs blocks of quikcrete and throw them in the bucket then unload them and strap them down on my trailer.

tuney443

Occupation
excavating contractor
I have 2 250 lb. counterweights for a JD 410G I could sell you cheap but Arkiesaw is a long waaaaay away.Freight would kill you.