• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

From A New Holland LS-150 Skid Steer To?

Danny Steel

Occupation
Farmer/Landscaper/Welder/Fitter
I'm planing to get a track skid steer, and I have been using this LS-150 since 2004
Its a bit light on the front end when I'm using my tree spade, plus the tire tracks can be problems.

I want to be able to tow it with the 3/4 ton so I cant go over #8000
I have foot controls in this machine and the end of the day my knees are shot.
Hoping to try the hand joy cotrols.:notworthy

I just use my machine for light excavating/landscaping trees etc

What would be a good machine to demo.

I'm not just looking for a higher power machine but a machine that is easy on the operator:beatsme and not have side views blocked

any sugestions

Thanks IA

dAN

randy79

I really like the terex track units. Really nice controls on the joy sticks good sight. Very light on there tracks low damage to lawns and soft areas. I work on the terex and the new holland track units and the terex is hands down.

Dozerboy

Occupation
Operator
The only ones I have a bit of time on is Cats and I like them. We rented a Komatsu and it worked pretty good too.

Danny Steel

Occupation
Thanks guys for the tips. This little 150 New Holand is the only skid I have had the oppertunity to ride.
Its ta grat machine.......gets into tigjht spots...LOL AND WE DO LIKE THAT.
Anyway. I need to by used with a 35000 budget:eek: I know wow. its a lot of green stamps.
But i want to that you for steerring me in the right direction.
You know I wany good vision......Terex
I want the pilot controls...
And I need more beef.... Oh and easy on the grass..... thats a great thing they came out with, the wide tracks.
I may need to sell my 150 NH to be able to aford this upgrade to a CTK.
Theres a New holand near by I may drop by and check out here track units.

But once again I do like the the looks of that Terex P60 and the other red and wite machine

Danny Steel

Occupation
The Takeutci and the trex are out, I have no dealers around me.
But they sure are nice machine just from the looks of them.
I have a Case, John Deere, NewHolland, Kubota , and there may be another one that I dont know about just yet.
I;m building a bigger tree spade this winter in the shop and that little New Holland 150 won;t have the weight for it.

So I,m still in the market for a CTL. with good cotrols, like a excavator....not sure if you call the pilot cotrols.
I dont have the cash to buy a new one, but I do have 2 machines to sell so I should have near 30gs if I can sell my old traktor/loader and a big rockrake..
I may have a look around the farm and trade in some more gear that I dont use any more.
Any one with Case CTL experience, or the JD ctl? They look strong....I want to keep the weight down to no more than #8000.

Danny Steel

Occupation
I have come across a 2008 Case 450-ct......for 30g.........1400 hrs on her....Its not at my near by case dealer but I could get it serviced there. I do remember reading some where on here there was a Case that had a not too comfortable cab. was it befoer the 2008s?

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
The Series 3 cabs are nice which are 08 and newer. The 450 can definetly lift.

Danny Steel

Occupation
The Series 3 cabs are nice which are 08 and newer. The 450 can definetly lift.
Thats good to know that they can lift a good load. I;m iterested on see how the controls are.
Th only controls in a steer that I have ever used are the foot and hyd sticks for driveing,

Thanks for your reply

Danny Steel

Occupation
Theres a lot of iron in the 450, what a beast.
I just looked at the specs and its too much of a machine for me.
I would like to stay at or near the 7000#

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
Yea that pretty tough to do in a CTL. Maybe the Tak 120 or the BC 140. You might want to look at ASV the PT50 might meet that spec.

Danny Steel

Occupation
Bobcat T-190

I need to go with a machine that is sold near me here in Ontario.
I do wish I had more options like the U.S brands.

Doing some recerch, I'm starting to fall for the Bobcat T-190

My 150 New Holland has a tipping of only 2700#
The Bobcat T190 has a tipping load of 6852#
Thats a big difference, and doing alot of tree work with the spade the tip load is something that I need to be high.
The prices are much lower than the John Deers around here.
I know I will need to go out and demo a few, but if that bobcat has nice controls with a cab they may have a deal.

Dozerboy

Occupation
Operator
I wouldn't touch a ASV with a 10' pole. One of the rental places thats all they have. We have to quit renting from them, because the ASV where always breaking down. Its not like the rental company didn't take care of them or anything they just broke down a lot.

Danny Steel

Occupation
I wouldn't touch a ASV with a 10' pole. One of the rental places thats all they have. We have to quit renting from them, because the ASV where always breaking down. Its not like the rental company didn't take care of them or anything they just broke down a lot.

I have been told the same over here In Canada that they were junk.

Digdeep

I've run a RC50 for quite some time, sold Bobcats for over 8 years and my RC50 has been just as, if not more reliable than the Bobcat CTLs I sold. I also have a S220 and I would say they've been equally reliable. They have both run when I've needed them to. I wouldn't hesitate one iota to part with my money on an ASV again, particularly for the work you plan on doing. I guess one way to look at it would be the fact that they essentially pioneered the rubber track market and are still making them after more than 28 years. Many others have come and gone during that span.

Danny Steel

Occupation
What Case model machine comes close to the Bobcat T-190, with pilot controls?
Both dealers are near by me.

snocrete

Occupation
concrete, light excavating, snow & ice management
What Case model machine comes close to the Bobcat T-190, with pilot controls?
Both dealers are near by me.

TR270 is the smallest CTL from Case, currently made (from what I found)...it weighs 8200lbs. A T190 weighs 7775lbs, or 8200lbs w/roller suspension. These are heavier than you'd like though..correct?

Danny Steel

Occupation
TR270 is the smallest CTL from Case, currently made (from what I found)...it weighs 8200lbs. A T190 weighs 7775lbs, or 8200lbs w/roller suspension. These are heavier than you'd like though..correct?

Ya know, I'm just sitting here deeeeeeezing my next tree spade, and weight is very beneficial
so 8200 is in range, I do like Case machines . Thanks for your coment, I will have a look at that model
My main gig is trees and the more weight I have on the blades the better, as long as I can trailer it behind a 3/4 ton with the spade.

OHH OHH i SEE A NEW 1 TON TRUCK comming LOL:notworthy

snocrete

Occupation
concrete, light excavating, snow & ice management
Ya know, I'm just sitting here deeeeeeezing my next tree spade, and weight is very beneficial
so 8200 is in range, I do like Case machines . Thanks for your coment, I will have a look at that model
My main gig is trees and the more weight I have on the blades the better, as long as I can trailer it behind a 3/4 ton with the spade.

OHH OHH i SEE A NEW 1 TON TRUCK comming LOL:notworthy

There ya go lol...you'll now have a very good reason for that new 1ton. A 3/4 wont have trouble pulling either of those machines.....but I dont think I would want to do it "day in & day out"...that would take a toll on it. For pulling around every day, a 1ton would be bare minimum imo.

Danny Steel

Occupation
There ya go lol...you'll now have a very good reason for that new 1ton. A 3/4 wont have trouble pulling either of those machines.....but I dont think I would want to do it "day in & day out"...that would take a toll on it. For pulling around every day, a 1ton would be bare minimum imo.

The F450 0r f550 would be nice, but the insurance goes up 5 times the amount around here.
To be honest with you I did plan to get a bigger truck, but I decideded on a bigger skid steer with tracks