• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Found this on the base when swinging JLG45HA

stone7

Hello,
I found this on the base of the JLG45HA machine
while swinging the machine to park it.

Can anyone tell me where this fell off?

It has a slot on one end and threads on the other
in case you can't make it out. It's about an inch and
a quarter in length, and maybe 3/16 in diameter.

Thanks.

JLG_screw.jpg

AndrewC

It kind of looks like a guide stud that a mechanic left behind. I was wondering where that went. lol

stone7

I really don't like canadians any longer since the internet has shown most of them to be lefty, jealous ****birds. Stuff it champ!

AndrewC

You asked a question and you got an answer, what else did you want? By the way I'm not Canadian so shove it.

mitch504

Stone7, I think Andrew gave you a very reasonable answer that could be right. With that attitude you probably won't last very long on HEF. We try hard to keep this a forum for civil exchange of ideas, not just bashing people who try to help you. If you keep this up, you won't get much more help.

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Stone7, I think Andrew gave you a very reasonable answer that could be right. With that attitude you probably won't last very long on HEF. We try hard to keep this a forum for civil exchange of ideas, not just bashing people who try to help you. If you keep this up, you won't get much more help.

I agree. I've worked on JLG machines for years, and although I can't recall every fastener and stud on every machine, I really don't recall seeing something like that on one, I think Andrew gave you an honest guess at your mystery part.

As for your response to "stuff it", that's unacceptable behavior and will not be tolerated further. I strongly suggest you realize you're having conversations with folks the world over. You can not possibly get a good read on someones inner thoughts or intentions by reading innocuous words written by someone, certainly not good enough to tell them to "stuff it champ".

As for this kerfuffle, it better come to an end, and I mean now.

Last edited:

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Not good timing for humor mike, I'm real close to locking this thread (hint to all other members who wish to do the same).

heavylift

It could be part of some linkage. throttle maybe. That is a pretty small bolt.