• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Found a old use still works

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Old Allis has been sitting for the most part all winter. Sat for at least two months and started easier than my old 7.3 Ford. Had a problematic tire on my Ag tractor, been on FOREVER and essentially glued itself to the rim. Hammering was going NOWHERE, tried a different Ag tractor/loader and it just would not budge. Add a few tons of Loader down force and VIOLA! beads popped. Had to leave the pressure on one bead for five minutes to get it to come off. Was damned near to buying a new wheel and tube as I was gonna FUBAR this one!! Still beat ME to Hell and back.
IMG_3236a.jpg

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Then I go out this morning to check on it and oh yeah leaked down, Probably pinched the damn tube so at least the out bead has to come back off. At least no ballast in it yet.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Like I need a good workout!! This is like.............WORK!!

I had managed to get the beast INSIDE the shop this time. Got started jacking it up and the Farm jack decided was time to retire, snapped the handle lever off at the pivot, next up three ton floor jack and got to hammering. Sitting on stands I got the tube back out so this morning it is off to the tire shop. They have a new one coming anyway(I ordered yesterday) but will see if this one can be repaired as a spare. We do have Locust trees here!

hillbillywrench

Gotta love those locust. If you run short of them I can get you some spare trees from down here. We've got plenty! Shipping might be a pain, literally!
I don't know why they're called Honey locust, ain't nuthin sweet about them. WAIT, maybe because when you get around them you eventually say "Honey, bring me some visegrips and pull this thorn out of my foot!"

wosama931b

Occupation
Real Estate Broker/ Ret.
Believe me I've had my share of trouble, I know how much work and sweat and nothing goes right, but we all love it when the job is finished. Sam