• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Forklift Servicing

rickb8585

Hi guys,

We have a Crown counterbalance truck and a CAT Reach Truck. The Reach truck is starting to get a bit juddery/jumpy when it's nearing the top of it's reach so I've arranged a service on both trucks.

Can anyone let me know what I should expect from a service? Other than fluid top ups, what else actually gets serviced?

I asked the company that are coming out what they do and they said "we carry out a 63 point check on electric trucks with lubrication & adjustments if needed".

It just sounds more like a check up than a service?

Your wisdom and knowledge is appreciated :)

Cheers,

Rick

ba12348

When I worked at a certain large orange box we had annual service checks from our dealer, basically the daily safety inspections we did plus check the fluids and check the computer for any error codes it had logged since last time. Batteries were leased separately so they didn't check them at all. Anything abnormal, be it worn out tires, torn seat cushion (we had 4 electric stand up and 2 propane sit down trucks from the same dealer) burnt out lights, whatever, had to go in on their own work order, then they had to wait for parts etc. etc.

Now this was at a corporate chain and our service was performed on contract, and as we all know contracts are awarded to the lowest bidder. That being said, they often found problems before they became problems and we could get them fixed before the truck had to be taken out of service.