• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Ford LRG425 Ignition Modules Discontinued - Ford 4 Cyl Pinto Industrial Engine

56wrench

Ok, so is it possible to retrofit an old 2.3 where a 2.5 is now? There should be a few of the old 2.3’s still around but maybe its not worth the time and cost to do it

Birken Vogt

Charter Member
On these units, the ignition controller is the only "computer" they have, if you can call it that. And that is the part we are trying to get. Timing is totally fixed. It has a carburetor for fuel.

Zewnten

2.3 use a distributor the 2.5 use a cam sensor to tell the ecm the crank postion is my understanding

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
On these units, the ignition controller is the only "computer" they have, if you can call it that. And that is the part we are trying to get. Timing is totally fixed. It has a carburetor for fuel.

Ok, got it. Never had to work on these components myself, I wonder if it's possible to fit a ECM from a Ranger truck to make the engine run?

joe--h

ONLY $2700 !
upload_2023-2-18_22-5-50.png

Thinking I could cludge another engine in for that price. Old Toyota that would run for another 50 years.

Joe H

Jonas302

What all do they do ? Spark, timing, I suppose oil and temp shut downs ?

Maybe one could find a race car ign box msd type module to take care of the spark and timing take a look at summit racing

There are places that repair ecms also that may be worth checking out

It would also be possible to use a ecm out of a vehicle though it would take some experimenting if you went to your local friendly auto shop they could pull the computer diagram on Mitchell for a ranger or something a person could develop a plug and play set up as there are apparently lots that may be needed

4x4ford

Occupation
aunts on the strip Currently drive a 1951 chevy pa
Would something like this work found it on Amazon for 1300

Attachments

• 7203927F-4911-4229-99D9-C87333A35FAC.png
    7203927F-4911-4229-99D9-C87333A35FAC.png
    1,019.7 KB · Views: 13

Zewnten

Have you tried a forklift place, new or used? Supposedly these engines were used in a lot of forklifts.