• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

ford a62 loader fuel injection issue

FL450B

Occupation
jap bike service manager/voke teacher
i have a 1978 ford a 62 loader with a 256 td motor with an minimec injection pump if it sit for a few day i have to bleed injector check all in coming hose and out going lines for leaks replaced checck vavle at punp still have bleed rack move fine and when i push escess fuel buttom rack move as it shoudl any help on this would be great thanks cary

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Master Inj.Pump rebuilder
Sounds like a bleed back problem to me..
You said you replaced the check valve?? are you talking about the valves inside the lift pump?? you know theres 2 right??
For the cost of the kit and the labor, you could have bought a new one.. about 30-40 bucks.. just "floogle" simms lift pump.. I forget the actual p# off the top of my head.
It may also be leaking injectors.. No REAL way to check them other than removing them from the head and getting them checked on a pop tester..
Good luck.. TPG

FL450B

Occupation
i have eletric fuel pump so factory lift pump not being used i put stock lift pump 40 .00 aftermarket on and removed it to see if that was the issue

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Master Inj.Pump rebuilder
As long as the electric pump puts out over 6 psi, you should be fine.. if its 1 of those 1-3 psi pumps, you still may have a supply problem.. Just thinkin out loud..
I'd still get the inj. checked..

OFF

Occupation
HD Mechanic
they do make "one-way valves" for fuel systems. Not sure that your electric pump would have some sort of 1-way valve built into it like the old lift pump would have,

FL450B

Occupation
update the pistons in side of pump had wore out bores and thats lead to bleed back pump out for over haul