• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Ford 6500 hyds

pinesd3400

Occupation
anything to bay the bills
Been awhile I have been here, but it ran fine as usual all summer then I here a slight errrrr ok the kid added 2 gal. hydraulic oil. Noise getting worse like
cavitation. Yes new filter all clean. Then it got so it wouldnt pick up a paper bag, but will pick up a dump truck IDLE, any more throttle everything slows down.
Its been sitting for a week while I try to research 'with no avail'. Yesterday my boy used it he said it was fairly better less noise but atleast its usable.
My thought is if can lift a truck up there can't be nothing wrong with the pump? but when throttling up-sounds like it aint getting oil. We bought this new from
local Ford/New Holland dealer and they closed the doors last year. Also the parts book shows a screen inside the tank suction side. I looked in there and I see
no screen. Do I have a pressure releif valve somewhere thats lazy where ever that is????? but that what it sounds like. Like I say it getting better and this never
made no hyd buzzing even in the coldest weather. Or perhaps it got a senior moment?

thanks Sam & sons

and we gotta backfill 1000' of electric line proto

Delmer

Sounds like you're on the right track with cavitating. Pump sounds fine, and not likely a relief valve is doing it.

Could be your screen plugged and collapsed, hose got soft and collapsed, sucking air somewhere? If you have any rubber hoses in the suction side I'd look at those real carefully, find out what happened to the suction screen.

pinesd3400

Occupation
anything to bay the bills
Thanks I found no screen that the book shows. Took floor off and it has about a 1 1/2 short intake hose that is wire reenforced so that aint it. The closest I got to was on
U tube, a hydraulic guy explaining this symtom on a Cat. He went around the machine with infared heat gun looking for a hot spot, and he did the pressure relief had some
junk and was not seating. He said fluid leaking like that causes heat & noise, and loss of pressure & no power. sounds right to me, problem is when in hell is the valve, is there
one on the bucket control and one on the backhoe control or only one. I get a head acke looking in the book, diagrams looks like spagetti.
got the job done yesterday it works but its not like it was ...last week (must be the night gremiln got in there)
sam