• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Ford 555a filters and fluids

Because555

I picked up a 555a for what I consider a fairly good deal. It appears to be a beast of a machine. This is my first backhoe, to be used on our rural property for light earth moving, projects and the like. Paid 4500, starts and runs great, can extend the hoe and it barely moves (all pins very tight). About half the hydro hoses are new and one cylinder has been repacked. After 30 minutes neither side leaked down after being shut off. The bad is the cab has no doors or glass and fair amount of rust. Will be cutting and welding that issue later. Most of the electronics dont work.

That said, I ordered a service manual but it will not be here for 2 weeks. Can anyone please help me out with a list of filter and fluid part numbers?

El Hombre

134 oil for everything except engine oil. That's the Ford dealer designation for that oil spec. Don't substitute Universal Tractor oil for the rear axle; you have wet brakes and they will groan and other noises without the correct oil. UTO works in the hydraulics, PS, and trans.

Wix, Fram, Purolator all have online catalogs, just look it up.

Because555

Thank, wix website worked perfectly. Now trying to see how much of each fluid to order. Any preference on brand of 134 oil? Ran it some more and looks like a leak on the power steering pump ( drivers side ), fairly decent leak too. Any diagrams very appreciated, about the only electronic working is the key.

El Hombre

134 is the Ford designation, any oil you find that says it matches 134 should do the job. That's what you should be looking for on the label. But you really only need it for the rear axle, you can use UTO in the hydraulics and trans.