• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Ford 555 4 x 4 transmission

cannedman

Occupation
Retired Information Systems Manager
I have pulled the engine on my Ford 555 and in the process of having it rebuilt. My thoughts are while the engine is out rebuild the transmission also. Has anyone tackled 4 x 4 power reversing transmission? I have not been able to find anyone close that rebuilds them. The mechanic that is rebuilding the engine says that he willing to try. I just wanted some opinions before we start. This is a 1983 model 555 Ser# 0710185.

TIA

Leonard

El Hombre

I think that job is a dealer only thang. I wander into my local Ford dealer and they usually have at least one tranny scattered apart on a bench. If your tech is good, knows what to look for as to what's worn, takes advantage of picking the brains of the dealer techs when you buy the dealer only parts for that tranny, it could work out.

cannedman

Occupation
Retired Information Systems Manager
That is a great idea I will check into that.

Thanks and have a great day.