• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Ford 4600 fuel pump on ford 550

mt75

Hi

Sorry for my bad English..

Does anyone knows if a ford 4600 fuel injection pump will work on a ford 550 backhoe. its a cav dpa 3238f341. the ford 4600 pump have a different nr dpa 3233f650. but they have the same engine size 201 and same injectors .

Is it just internal adjustment that makes the different?

And do anyone have experience with aftermarket cav fuel injections pumps?

Greetings Martin
Denmark

jaluhn

Might try talking to a fuel injection shop? They should have specs based on the Cav number and these might hold the answer. I'd guess difference in governed rpm or torque curve. My guess is they could be swapped, through I would try to get more info from an injection shop to see what the actual difference is.

Sportsman762

Based off of a website from a trusted pump rebuilder I know these pumps are not interchangeable. It has been my experience with the CAV injection pumps is that the numbers must match perfectly. I have had some customers not listen to my advice and they have tried to fit different injection pumps on tractors and discovered that they would not work for a multitude of reasons.
I also know that Ford basterdized their industrial engines from their ag engines. This chronically causes me problems at work.