• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Ford 2600 tractor stuck clutch.

James alex zheltonoga

I have a 2600 ford tractor that i left set for too long without blocking the clutch pedal down and the clutch is stuck fast. I tried starting it in gear and driving it around and hitting the brakes but that did'nt work.Any one have any ideas short of splitting it in half ?

reganj

Did you have the clutch pedal pushed to the floor while you were hitting the brakes?? Is the clutch disengagement device==cable or hydraulic== operational? Sometimes you have to be rough with the brakes and more than once for it to break loose.

Tyler d4c

Just split it. You will waste more time playing around trying to break it free then to split it and fix it.
Atleast that is how every rusted clutch I dealt with wound up

HarleyHappy

Occupation
Welder/Mechanic
All kidding aside, run it into a wall. You will need to get quite rough with it to break it free but it’s been done before. Just need to shock the driveline enough.

Delmer

I've heard letting it warm up and cool off repeatedly can help.

Sportsman762

I have heard starting it in low then pushing against something solid like a tree with the clutch depressed might break it free. Other than that you have to split it.