• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Forano eaves forklifts trains leaks (Clark’s)

chris allen

Occupation
Feild tech
I tend to be the lucky guy that has to work on all the Forano’s down at the sawmill, we have 4 total we run the 295,250,an 2 of the 255’s. I tell ya it’s a constant battle trying to keep these things from leaking hyd oil, I’m guessing there early 90’s models These things ar tuff as nails, these guys really put them to the test at the mill, they go threw a lot of abuse an neglect. It’s a constant battle trying to keep them washed off an radiators washed out, there always running hot, till I changed out the blades to one that blows an has more volume, but I still can not keep the trains from leaking, there constantly leaking from the the side valve body’s around spools or the converter is all ways leaking from
Bell housings , or they may start blowing fluid outta the vent caps on side of housings, I bet I’ve built all the trains in all 4 lift 2 times each over 8 yrs an prob converter seal kits 5 times a yr each. Even installed new trains oil coolers to all them hoping to help leaks down. Just a battle to never win