• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

For those who didn't make it back...

funwithfuel

Occupation
Mechanic
I am just a few minutes from Lincoln cemetery. The first time my wife and I roamed the ground, we were so humbled by how many crosses and stars. You get so desensitized to faceless names and numbers on the news. Seeing the volume of the markers , it makes you feel, it's hard to explain. But you feel small, insignificant. I love my country, I respect the men and women who protect this great nation. I am one of the protected, I can't thank these kids enough or those who came before. When I see the guard watching over the tomb of the unknown soldier, the care and respect these young people show to the remains coming home, I am touched and filled with hope. I mean, I'm a little touched anyway.
This is so much more than a 3 day weekend or a day for bbq. I don't know, kinda rambling, but thank you all who've made the ultimate sacrifice for the freedom I and my family enjoy. It can never be repaid.

Tarhe Driver

Occupation
Comm. Real Est Appraiser-Retired cargo/helo pilot
Thank you, my son S01 (SEAL) Jesse Daryl Pittman was killed August 06, 2011 along with 16 other SEALS and 14 other Americans, Bart their Dog and 8 Afghans. Extortion 17. Helicopter was shot down.

There aren't words to convey my sorrow for your loss.