• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

For the Septic Folks

Brad SEIN

The ones in the pics are Presby's version they are 6" center to center. If you look closely you can see the spacer I made to keep them apart until bedded. I now use ADS geo flow pipe which has a 12" center to center spec. Same pipe,spacing had to be different because of patent or something. The spacing is somewhat irrelevant as there is 6" of sand under them. There is a dispersal field that is dug out (or ripped if it's at grade) that has a similar footprint to the total square feet in a chamber or pipe and stone system. 70 feet of pipe per bedroom and no need to pump if over 3 bedroom(in Indiana chambers and pipe and stone systems have to be dosed if over 3 bedrooms).

CBryantCo

Occupation
Jack Of All Trades
Whoa time flies... I hate to admit it but I just haven't been looking thru HEF the last few weeks.

450 smrider -I am up in Hartford County, mostly the Farmington Valley. I am amazed at how slow CT is to adapt when it comes to septic technology, we are in the land of steady habits.. State just approved drip irrigation. Also kinda nice they redid the center to center spacing a few years ago, goes by ELA Higher means more space. Sounds like you got good soils for 4x4's or other concrete units round your parts
Btw does your username indicate you race s/m or just ride one?

TThompson- that isn't so much soap sludge as a complete lack of maintenance on a pump chamber for a sewer, they don't care.. until the floats can't invert.

I am kind of shocked how much trouble plastic chambers had elsewhere. We are seeing "early" failures of some plastic chamber systems that were backfilled with no aggregate i.e. native soils against plastic. Is this also a case where a product got some kind of credit that it allowed for a reduction in the footprint/ sq ft/ linear ft of design?? Here we see a lot of mantis units going in the ground because they get a huge credit for effective leaching area due the interfacing surface area- even though they are back to back.

Plastic Tanks- I was pretty upset when I heard infiltrator was stopping the orange tanks, I have put a lot of those in. They were so rugged and heavy compared to others. I worry the new two piece will have issues due to bad install(er)s. I can't count how many plastic tanks are deformed and out of shape when we try to remove lids for service.

And as promised more pics.. I'll try to make em right side up

Distribution pipe broken due to settling at outlet
1002130908b.jpg
Repair baffle and replace line
New Outlet Baffle & Distribution Line.jpg
Love me some risers
riser retrofit.jpg
All cleaned up with a marker for quicker locating next time
1002131116a.jpg

Last edited:

CBryantCo

Occupation
Jack Of All Trades
more
Mantis tamping sand
1031141629.jpg

Mantis covered
1031141641.jpg

Plumbing it up
1101140815.jpg

Last edited:

450smrider

Wish i had time to race, just a track day here and there had an aprillia sxv 450 I'm actually kinda bikelss this year....gonna have to steal the wifes duc