• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

For the Deere guys

Shimmy1

Deere 1810E S.N. T81810E050192

Needing bearings and a seal for a Tail Roller, P.N. AXT14241.

Parts book doesn't show a breakdown.

Shimmy1

A link to parts breakdown is below.
Lists part #‘s for cap and seal, no part # for the bearing tho.
https://partscatalog.deere.com/jdrc.../pgId/780550831/partnumber/AXT14241/callout/6 .
A local bearing house could likely match the bearings.
I have found that too, but it's not the same as mine. I have those bearings and that seal, AND the spindle from the floor roller, but it's different. I just bought two of the AX14241 rollers last fall, took it ALL the way up the @ss for them at $1340 per, and took one apart this winter to find the grease hard and the bearings trashed. I have found replacement bearings, but that facking seal is a real problem. No numbers, and nobody seems to be able to match up by size.

colson04

I have found that too, but it's not the same as mine. I have those bearings and that seal, AND the spindle from the floor roller, but it's different. I just bought two of the AX14241 rollers last fall, took it ALL the way up the @ss for them at $1340 per, and took one apart this winter to find the grease hard and the bearings trashed. I have found replacement bearings, but that facking seal is a real problem. No numbers, and nobody seems to be able to match up by size.
Could the roller be machined to accept a different, but more common seal?