• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

For the Cat 5130 fans

Miningpower

Occupation
Equipment operator
Here's a video of a Cat 5130 front shovel in action. You can't get much closer than this...:drinkup This shovel's removing the overburden ahead of the draglines which are pulling the coal vein.

YouTube - Up on a Cat 5130 Shovel

My buddy Joey who runs this shovel

Attachments

• IMG_5291.JPG
    IMG_5291.JPG
    159.5 KB · Views: 5,139
  • IMG_5739.JPG
    IMG_5739.JPG
    139.5 KB · Views: 2,451

Tracksoup71

Occupation
Equipment Operator and forman at an open pit Gold
Nice pics. we have one that we just bone yarded. We had a 5230 with a 23yrd scoop which is olso in the bone yard. We were growing in size and had to upgrade to Hitachi 3600's with 27yrd scoops and now a Hitachi 5500 with a 40yrd scoop. The bigger equipment is fun but I sure miss those CATs. They were so much more cumfortable to run.

Miningpower

Occupation
Equipment operator
Yeah they're actually pretty fast machine and very quite. I don't think I've ever heard of an operator complaining about their comfort