• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

FMC Still Working

Trainman

Saw this in Oregon in 2014. Now used to support tower operations:

FMC Weyco CTL 1.jpg

FMC Weyco CTL 2.jpg

Did not see it in actual use as they were in the process of moving the tower to a new setting.

lg junior

Many years ago I hauled logs for the the mill that the original owner-builder of this machine logged for. I asked him one day why they put the triple drum on it. He said that one day while skidding logs it endo'd off a cutbank and was damaged to the point it was no longer able to yard logs. The triple drum looked like it belonged on it.
The company [K&W] was sold to the hooktender Russel Budlong who gave it the yellow paint job. Russel rigged a wooden tree on one corner of a job and yarded it with the FMC. I hauled a few loads from there and did have some pictures if I could ever find them. After Russel got hurt and the big shake up at the mill, I lost track of where the company and equipment ended up.

Trainman

Many years ago I hauled logs for the the mill that the original owner-builder of this machine logged for. I asked him one day why they put the triple drum on it. He said that one day while skidding logs it endo'd off a cutbank and was damaged to the point it was no longer able to yard logs. The triple drum looked like it belonged on it.
The company [K&W] was sold to the hooktender Russel Budlong who gave it the yellow paint job. Russel rigged a wooden tree on one corner of a job and yarded it with the FMC. I hauled a few loads from there and did have some pictures if I could ever find them. After Russel got hurt and the big shake up at the mill, I lost track of where the company and equipment ended up.

Thanks lg for the history behind the conversion.

Hallback

Occupation
Gyppo tower logger
That is a great road change machine.
When I worked for Canyon Creek Logging we had a triple drum setup we used also.