• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Flex Pin Removal Tool

nobull1

Charter Member
Occupation
Same as interests
The 23 series pins that retain the teeth(rubber flex) on my excavator can be a pain to remove. If it happens to be one on the inside it is near impossible to get at . There is a tool that is 90 degrees that fits between the teeth and makes it possible to hammer it out. The problem is on ebay it's worth about $50.00:rolleyes: . I wonder if anyone has one,used one, know where I can get one reasonable or has a better way.

Attachments

• bf_2.jpg
    bf_2.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 1,709

Nac

Occupation
Construction
I bought one for my size machine 160 and broke it after 5 mins. The best way is a piece of steel and a sledge.

xkvator

I made a copy, years ago, out of a piece of steel...

a piece of round cold-roll with an offset bent in it works just as well...

minimax

I bought one and they work great, don't buy one of the cheap ones.

minimax

nobull1

Charter Member
Occupation
Same as interests
I bought one and they work great, don't buy one of the cheap ones.

minimax

How do you know the cheap from the good ones? Where do you buy them.

I was thinking about making one for installation, which shouldn't be too hard. The problem is, I believe the special tool is also used for installation. What a pain to get the pin in as well.

DigDug

I bought mine from Cat ten years ago and havent broke it yet. We use that and a steel chisel . Hasnt broken yet , and i have had a few ugly meetings with it.

Nac

Occupation
Construction
I bought my at the dealer it was cast steel maybee that's why it was a POS

stumpjumper83

Occupation
Movin dirt
I got one in for a customer several months ago. I believe it was around $70 and it is branded by case so the 6mo parts warranty would aply. They are available in sizes for both the 23 & 27 tooth. Pls pm me if you or anyone else is interested. Located in lancaster, pa

nobull1

Charter Member
Occupation
Same as interests
I was talking to the deere guys today to see what thay could get. After a half hour they found the number and were going to order the two sizes in. I will see what they look like and decide if they are any good or not.

Nac
Where did yours come from, John Deere?:eek:

Nac

Occupation
Construction
I got my from a John Deere dealer (Jesco) but I do not think it is a John Deere part but an aftermarket company. I have in a pile for scrap someware and will dig it out and take a look.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
I got mine from the Cat dealer. I didn't break but someone broke into our jobsite Conex and stole it.:Banghead A new one is about $80 in these parts.

nobull1

Charter Member
Occupation
Same as interests
The one I ordered from John Deere arrived and I decided to purchase. I ended up with the larger size(for next up from 23 size pin), because it just seemed to be a better fit. I guess I really won't know how good it works until I need it. I'm not going to take out and install pins for practise:eek2 :cussing :pointhead