• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Fleet Down Size

631G

Occupation
Civil Superintendent
We are a local Atlanta Georgia based contractor and with the recent slow down in work are looking to reduce our fleet of grading equipment. Most of our equipment is newer Cat and Komatsu equipment. Does anyone know of any exporters or brokers that we could go through to sell our equipment. The auction blocks just isn't bringing the value, but then again no equipment is being sold for near what it it worth.

Speedpup

Occupation
President and all else that needs done!
I would say everyone looking for equipment is aware of the prices at auctions. It is very sad to see stuff near given away. I can hardly keep myself from buying it's so cheap but it would sit in the yard next to the other stuff I have. Try machinerytrader.com not sure what it cost .

Mack185

Is it that bad in Georgia? I haven't worked there in a year or so but we kept pretty busy when I was there. Worked for CW Matthews, Butch Thompson and NWGP mostly.

D155

Occupation
Rental Agent
I work for a Komatsu dealer up here in New York. Equipment values are way down. We aren't making very much on any deals.