• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Flatbed dump hoist design

case310350

Have a 97 dodge dually and want to convert the flatbed into a flatbed dump. I still need to use the goose-neck hitch so a scissor hoist won't work. Have been looking for 3 stage cylinders but have not found any small ones, only need to lift 2 tons. Also if anyone knows of any design plans or suggestions please pass along.

long time ago i have seen a flatbed with two cylinders one on each side of the dump body, but i cannot remember any details, that seems like the best design as there would not be any twisting of the dump body if the load was to one side.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Here is a dumping flatbed with gooseneck hitch. It looks to be a Knapheide bed with a scissor hoist. Gives you some ideas.

Komatsu 150

I did this twice in the past, once with an older flatbed we had and once buying a new flatbed and putting a hoist under it. I got the hoist assemblies from 5 yard dump trucks where the box was worn out but the hoists were still good. These were the style with a hoist subframe that mounted to the top of the truck frame. I cut out the piece of dump box flooring and structure that the top of the hoist was welded to and welded this between the flatbed rails with reinforcing. The hinges were done the same. I also boxed the flatbed frame were I thought it needed it. In case you're wondering why I would buy a brand new flatbed and mount an old hoist instead of just buying a dumper - it got us much higher angle of dump than a typical flatbed dump and we used to haul dirt with these trucks quite a bit when we needed an extra truck. We had removable high sides as normally they were just used as flatbeds.

o yeah we got it off craigslist cheap. just the dump kit the bed was bought brand new for 2grand the dump we paid 500. in use for 3 years now. on my 99 ram 3500 dually 5-speed