• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

FL 60 Seats

markshr151

My truck is a 2000 FL60 with 600,000 miles on it. I am starting it on its second life. The new factory seats I put in @ 500,000 are junk and the standard high mount or low mount seat won't fit. If you have experience with any part of this I would like your advice please. I can,t stand buying seats thinking we are ride-in in style now but 200 miles later thinking AAAARRRRGGGG these are junk! Buy the way Frances (named after the hurrican that paid for her.) has with in the last 100,000 Cummins in frame, rebuilt 6 speed, new clutch, rebuilt 3.20 rear, New king pins, breaks. injection pump, turbo and some other stuff. One thing she never had was dept.

amscontr

Occupation
Operating Engineer 520
I bought a new FL106 Dump in 1994 and I hated the seat in it also. But I paid it off and sold it by getting used to the seat.
I think I would check with some of these Expedite Truck builders they might have a line on something aftermarket.

markshr151

bad seats, and I don't mean good

album.php

Randy88

markshr151, did you find anything out on the seats, I also have a fl60 and I'd agree the seats suck and I've been looking for replacements also and encountered the same problem.