• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Fishmouth Fabworks shop thread

FISHMOUTH FAB

Occupation
Fabricator/welder
One of their other Morbark chippers lost the bearings on the main clutch shaft. Welded it up and re machined it too spec. It was an emergency repair, but it's still in the machine running today:rolleyes:

Attachments

• IMG_4260.jpg
    IMG_4260.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 696
  • IMG_4254.jpg
    IMG_4254.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 699

FISHMOUTH FAB

Occupation
Fabricator/welder
Better pictures of the thumb. It was intended to be "fixed" when I drew it up.2" pins. After I cut it out the customer changed his mind and wanted it to move. So the pivot point for the ram isn't where it should be. Haven't figured out the best way to fix it without it looking like an after thought. it is all 1/2" plate. He only wants to use it for brush.If it starts bending the teeth I will add more gussets to it.

Attachments

• IMG_0251.jpg
    IMG_0251.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 695
  • IMG_0250.jpg
    IMG_0250.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 694

FISHMOUTH FAB

Occupation
Fabricator/welder
This was an Aluminum engine cover for a Hydro Seeder. It use Dzus fasteners too hold all the panels together. A flat head screwdriver and you can take all the panels off in 2 minuets

Attachments

• IMG_0458.jpg
    IMG_0458.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 697
  • IMG_0459.jpg
    IMG_0459.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 693
  • IMG_0460.jpg
    IMG_0460.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 689

theironoracle

Occupation
OWNER/OPERATOR MOBILE HEAVY EQUIPMENT REPAIR
Fishmouthfab,

Top notch work on all of it. You must have a plasma table in the shop? Post some pics of the tools if you would too...TIO

FISHMOUTH FAB

Occupation
Fabricator/welder
The current project. Recreate this mobile foam fire suppression unit. It use nitrogen as the propellant. A 80 gallon compressor tank with a 80 gallon water tank above it. Making a total of 400 gallons of retardant.
The two pintle hooks are for the dozer or skidder to pick it up and follow the bunchers around. This one does not meet requirements for USFS now. It needs a 300 foot hose reel. The other problem is it is not very secure. So I will make
lockable doors and hold downs to keep people from stealing the bottles,axes etc. Should be fun

Attachments

• IMG_0625.jpg
    IMG_0625.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 691
  • IMG_0624.jpg
    IMG_0624.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 686
  • IMG_0623.jpg
    IMG_0623.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 687

FISHMOUTH FAB

Occupation
Fabricator/welder
Fishmouthfab,

Top notch work on all of it. You must have a plasma table in the shop? Post some pics of the tools if you would too...TIO

Thank you. Yes I do. I got it about a year ago. Before that I made everything by hand. I have plenty of tooling pics if you guys want too see that stuff! I am most certainly a "tool whore"

FISHMOUTH FAB

Occupation
Fabricator/welder
The plasma table is a 4x8 1st gen Torchmate. TD 151 unit. It will cut up too 1.250". I have only cut .750" so far. It does a nice job. Just have to play with the feed/speed for each material.
I built the water tray fro it a week after I had it. It was dusting out everything in my shop.

Attachments

• IMG_0121.jpg
    IMG_0121.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 685
  • IMG_0123.jpg
    IMG_0123.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 687

FISHMOUTH FAB

Occupation
Fabricator/welder
I picked up my line boring machine off of Craigslist. It is a Blacklabel Machine unit. It came with all the bearings, a 2',4', and 6' bars in 1.5" diameter. So far I am pretty happy with it. I made the adapter to put a mill power feed onto it. Hand feeding with the little wheel sucked. The biggest hole I have done so far is 3". For the logging stuff I doubt I will ever see anything over 4". So for $1500 I think it works GREAT!

Attachments

• IMG_0155.jpg
    IMG_0155.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 681

FISHMOUTH FAB

Occupation
Fabricator/welder
This is an overlook of the shop late last year. Full of race cars.

Attachments

• IMG_2535.jpg
    IMG_2535.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 684

FISHMOUTH FAB

Occupation
Fabricator/welder
BOBCAT arm cracked out. Airarc'd it out. Welded it up and wrapped the ends all around. Welded with .045" 71M

Attachments

• IMG_4231.jpg
    IMG_4231.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 681
  • IMG_4232.jpg
    IMG_4232.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 684
  • IMG_4233.jpg
    IMG_4233.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 683

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Nice work FISHMOUTH.

Was the Bobcat arm previously welded on the inside? I've ran Bobcats for over 20 years and never had anything like that happen. How in the hell did they do that?:confused:

hvy 1ton

Excellent work Fishmouth. Super cool that you built a rig for KOH. I'd really like to go out and watch it some time, but i'm always busy that time of year.

FISHMOUTH FAB

Occupation
Fabricator/welder
Nice work FISHMOUTH.

Was the Bobcat arm previously welded on the inside? I've ran Bobcats for over 20 years and never had anything like that happen. How in the hell did they do that?:confused:

It looked like someone tried before. I have no idea how some of this stuff breaks

FISHMOUTH FAB

Occupation
Fabricator/welder
Excellent work Fishmouth. Super cool that you built a rig for KOH. I'd really like to go out and watch it some time, but i'm always busy that time of year.

Thank you sir, you should try too make it once before the state and BLM shut it down. That car pictured placed 2nd this year. See if he can get ahold of first place next year.

JNB

Occupation
Flyin' low and rollin' slow...
Fishmouth, beautiful work and a cool thread. I got out of wheeling when I moved to Texas, but you stirred up some great memories of the Rubicon, Hammers and all the rest. My favorite trail of all time is Dusy. Makes me miss living out there a bit.

FISHMOUTH FAB

Occupation
Fabricator/welder
Here's the ones on the chopping block. Another Beever to bob and build an Iron maiden,relocate the batterey etc. And 1 of 2 303.5 getting front and side cab guards. They will be sheeted with1/2" lexan .

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 681
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 677

FISHMOUTH FAB

Occupation
Fabricator/welder
Ok, sorry for all the sideways pics. My phone just uploads them that way. I will get on my computer and reload them
Tomorrow