• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

First Paying Job!

RustedHeroes

So over the weekend I completed my first paying gig! I wanted to come on here and thank all the guys that have helped me get to this point, I really could not have got here without you.

9 glorious hours of non stop manure hauling!

No breakdowns and the sun was shining, all to the music of a 3306... it was a good day :)IMG_1195.JPG IMG_1196.JPG

Last edited:

JNB

Occupation
Flyin' low and rollin' slow...
Congrats on the job! That's a nice looking load on the old Western Star. Is it your truck?

Junkyard

Occupation
Field Mechanic

Mechanical neck lay down trailers are what I started with. Our trailers and trucks weren't as nice as the one hauling your machine! All old Dowell Slumbreger trucks. The old orange and black paint job. I've drug many a winch line out and got real good at leaving it hooked up and carefully crossing it. Those were the days......NOT. Nice lookin machine. Glad to see it paying its way.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
I can attest to the swarthiness of the old Dowell equipment, kept my butt busy 80-82.

JoshA

Occupation
Excavation contractor
Nice! I'm a little west of you, similar line up. A 931 track loader, T800 winch truck and scissor neck trailer.
Mechanical neck lay down trailers are what I started with. I've drug many a winch line out and got real good at leaving it hooked up and carefully crossing it. Those were the days......NOT. Nice lookin machine. Glad to see it paying its way.

If you drag the cable to the side , you don't have to cross it... :)

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Got to thinking on those old Tulsa OK days, can still remember cleaning the grease(fifth wheel) and debris off the winch lines picked up by that grease to inspect cables and winch drums. Anybody ever come up with a decent fairlead/guide/cover plate to get the lays out of the trailer connecting point and off the goo?

sealark37

Occupation
Retired pilot, old equipment mechanic
How much did you charge for your first paying job? Regards, Clark

pridesculling

So over the weekend I completed my first paying gig! I wanted to come on here and thank all the guys that have helped me get to this point, I really could not have got here without you.

9 glorious hours of non stop manure hauling!

No breakdowns and the sun was shining, all to the music of a 3306... it was a good day :)View attachment 174637 View attachment 174638

Congrats on your new job! That's so good to know! Same here, I got one too! There's a reason to celebrate on Thanksgiving day;):)

Clutch

Occupation
QC Manager @ CNC Machine Shop
Nice looking 977L, I stop and looked at one owned by a tree cutting land clearing company the other day very rough shape compared to yours.