• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

First Machine JD 310E

Ryanjax

Hi all,

Just purchased my first machine a JD 310e. I have a 28 acre plot of land that I will be build a house on after I retire from the Navy in the next 6 months or so. It's a 2000 model with the 4 in 1 bucket with about 4k hours and extenda hoe. Came with 3 additional buckets too.
One of the major uses I'd like out of it is material handling. Can anyone recommend a good set of forks? Should it be a hang on type over the bucket or swap out the bucket with set of forks?

Look forward to contributing here more.
Ryan

IMG_3376.jpg

IMG_3377.jpg

JL Sargent

Welcome to the forum! Good looking backhoe you have there. I have a 310E also. Mostly around here I see the hang over type forks. Mine has the hooks for it, but I didn't get the forks. Maintenance on these machines is key. Be sure all fluid levels are at the full mark and in good condition.

JL Sargent

You might need:
TM1648 - Operation and Test (complete)
TM1649 - Repair Technical Manual
Operators Manual
CTM104 - 4.5L engine repair
CTM77 - Alternators and Starting Motors -

Last edited:

aighead

Welcome Ryan, nice hoe! I've heard drawbacks of the hanging forks are hard to see on when they are down in front of the loader bucket, just a heads up.

Swetz

Occupation
Electric & Gas Company
aighead is correct!

I have some bolt-on forks on my New Holland TC33D (compact tractor) loader. The first time I used them I damn near ripped off the front porch railing before I realized I even hit them...Just couldn't see! They do help out moving things around, when you have a lot of space :)

Scout_1969

I have the over the cutting-edge style with a clamp. Of course they don’t require welding hooks on like the hanging style. But they do come loose after a while and need to be periodically re-tightened. They suit my current use ( very little use) and were cheapest option..
I’ve used both styles and like the hanging style the best of the two, especially if you use them a lot, they’re more versatile in my opinion. You can have something on the forks and rotate out of them quickly from the seat. This is handy when multitasking or if you get stuck with something on the forks and have to back out using the front bucket. The hanging style can pivot for more visibility while inserting the forks by dumping the bucket, then curl bucket back for carrying the weight. One’s I’ve used we’re 6” or more under the bucket. They can be restrained against the bucket using a chain or strap on the back of the bottom of the forks around the back of the bucket.
I’ve used the remove the bucket style once on a rental rubber tire loader for a short time. They worked great, visibility was excellent and the load was closer to the machine- more stable and could carry slightly more I think.
I guess your machine could be retrofitted for that style but is likely the most expensive option.
If it’s trees you want to move, the 4 in 1 bucket is excellent to grab logs length wise or trees on the butt end and drag the like a log skidder. Just don’t over do it or you could bend the lip of the bucket.

Last edited: