• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

First 10 hours in a CASE DL550 Minotour

IceHole

I'm more amazed you're doing dirt work in the middle of winter.
Pretty much everything happens June-October here.

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
I'm more amazed you're doing dirt work in the middle of winter.
Pretty much everything happens June-October here.

Its unusual. If we hadn't gone below zero for a week about 10 days ago, there wasn't even any real frost.

colson04

Its unusual. If we hadn't gone below zero for a week about 10 days ago, there wasn't even any real frost.
We had zero frost in the ground until 10 days ago as well. Usually earth works die off in November/December, but projects just kept plugging forward this year. The worse part for me has been the endless mud since October.

That is quite the machine. I can't quite process the price tag, but if it keeps you productive and profitable I would count that as a win.

Georgia Iron

Occupation
Concrete building slab and grading contractor
20240213_160701.jpg

I stopped by border equipment here in Atlanta they have 2 in stock. I believe the going price is 150k.

Seems like a very neat machine. To me I would think it needs more HP but I have not got to use it. How does it do under heavy load turning in mud will it kill the motor?

hvy 1ton

I will never understand hydro dozer controls having gears. Let me set forward and reverse speed separately and give me a decel pedal for track speed.

Has Case fixed the issue with the pump destroking with mulchers?

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
I will never understand hydro dozer controls having gears. Let me set forward and reverse speed separately and give me a decel pedal for track speed.

Has Case fixed the issue with the pump destroking with mulchers?
It does all of that. I can separate the forward drive speed from the reverse drive speed. It also has a decel pedal that slows the engine RPM or slows the drive speed and keeps the rpms at a set level or it is a typical accel pedal. I have not run this machine with a mulcher yet, but I don't have any destroke issues with a 450B that I currently use to mulch with.

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
View attachment 305551

I stopped by border equipment here in Atlanta they have 2 in stock. I believe the going price is 150k.

Seems like a very neat machine. To me I would think it needs more HP but I have not got to use it. How does it do under heavy load turning in mud will it kill the motor?

I have not had it in deep mud. So far the power seems adequate. You can set it at 85hp or 114 hp. I have been watching the fuel useage on both settings and I am not seeing a huge difference, and the job we have it on is a pretty good push, so it has been set at 114hp.

MG84

I wouldn't think it'd be under powered turning or otherwise. A similar weight dozer has a lot more track on the ground and only 70-80hp, and they turn fine. I do realize a traditional dozer isn't running nearly as much hydraulic load, so maybe that could be a factor?

crane operator

Spotted in the wild today. Is the black a "factory" color option? It would be hot in summer. He went with the steel tracks, I think it had some kind of grapple landscaping bucket on it, and I saw the dozer blade sitting over by the 299.

They were clearing a lake lot, bunch of trees and you can see its rocky.

IMG_5409.JPGIMG_5410.JPG

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
Looks like the perfect place for the single grousers. I really like the black color.