• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Fintec 1107... clearing the jaws.

downwheel

Need info on how to clear the jaws after a stall out. i have tried the jog method in witch the manual suggests but cant get it work. i have been restarting, turn on discharge belt , then turn on crusher and using the forward and reverse on the main panel. but that takes time and i have to dig out anything over the size of a softball.

miljar41

if you cannot get the jog function to work, you can manually stroke the jaw pump (pump closest to the flywheel), just make sure you have the belt running and toggle pressure. you need to look for the pump edc lever and gently move it and the jaw will move to clear the jam.

downwheel

thanks miljar41. i actually bumped the jaw open a little bit and haven't had any stalls lately. getting a little more over size than i want but just recycling that back into the crusher. the next time it stalls i will let you know how it went. thanks again.

theironoracle

Occupation
OWNER/OPERATOR MOBILE HEAVY EQUIPMENT REPAIR
What is causing your jaw to stall? Typically a jaw doesn't just stall. I find that the engine looses power because of bad fuel filters, air filters or something to that affect. The drive belts are loose and once they slip a bit then the jaw can stall. Another thing is well worn jaw dies where there just isn't any "valleys" left for the crushed material to fall into and fall down as the crushing action occurs. I have never actually worked on a fintec..........TIO

downwheel

@ theironoracle. i had the jaws set tight because 2a mod is what we need the most of. i simply took a bucket of #4 ballast and dropped them in until the jaw would just pop them. we load the feeder with a 988 cat rite from the high wall shoot. what was happening is ( in my opinion ) was that large rocks where getting mixed in and it was to much to keep up with. since i have opened the jaws up the problem has stopped. getting more oversized and #4s then what i want but i still maintain high hourly tonnage production. i have my loader operator just recycle the oversize and 4s back through .

chinahonghaiqu

Occupation
Engineer
To jaw crusher, the better to keep the raw material clean enough. It's not easy to clean a jaw, especially when the raw material is with lots of mud.